I have been doing a lot of recipe testing lately. Looking for those recipes that are worth posting about. This recipe stood out to me because its a delicious twist on a classic comfort food! Creamy Chicken Pot Pie filling and an easy biscuit crusted topping! My favorite part is eating a bite of biscuit, chicken and smothered in the cream sauce! With winter just around the corner I look forward to home cooked meals like this.
I am sure I will be making Creamy Chicken Pot Pie at least twice a month. Its easy while I’m busy with my three boys and the leftovers are great to heat up. This is also a wonderful dish to make for a friend or when having people over for dinner.
Next time I make this Biscuit Topped recipe I want to add more seasonal vegetables and give it a little more color, texture and flavor. Inside is the classic celery, thyme, cream and chicken. Similar to the comfort that chicken noodle soup gives on a cold day.
The biscuit top is soft and has cheddar cheese mixed in with it which takes this dish to another level! This Biscuit Topped Creamy Chicken Pot Pie has quickly become a family favorite!
I love the family traditions that are centered around food based on the time of year, weather outside and the smell of certain recipes baking in the oven. You and your family will not be disappointed by this Biscuit Topped easy homemade chicken pot pie recipe! It’s a keeper!
Biscuit Topped Creamy Pot Pie Ingredients
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 Medium onion (chopped)
- 1- 1 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Medium garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2lb chicken (cut into cubes)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4 Large eggs
- 3/4 cups greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Biscuit Topped Creamy Pot Pie Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large dutch oven or oven safe pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and salt and cook until vegetables are soft. Stirring regularly. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and bay leaves and bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl whisk together whipping cream and cornstarch. Stir into simmering broth and continue to simmer until thickened – 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then add chicken. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Stir in cup of cheddar cheese. Add eggs, yogurt, and melted butter. Mix well until combined. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons over the top of the chicken filling and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbling and crust is browned and firm to the touch.Your Biscuit Topped Creamy Chicken Pot Pie is ready to eat. Enjoy