The child’s loves Oatmeal Creme Pie so it only made sense to make a HUGE Oatmeal Cream Cookies Cake! It is full of oats, cream cheese frosting, and chewiness which is wht we all love about oatmeal cookies!
Decorating the top of the cake is a must! What is great you can do whatever you want! I just wanted to show the outline of the cookies to tie in with the layers and have a pile of goodness in the center!
I used a homemade Oatmeal Cream Cookies Cake Recipe for the dough, split it in half and put them in 9 inch cake pans. It worked perfect and I can’t wait to do it again the next time I want a 9 inch cookie! Who doesn’t love cookies?! I couldn’t go wrong with a huge delicious cookie!
The cream cheese frosting is rich. If your looking for less richness use a vanilla frosting. The frosting of this cake is a must to work like a paste and what makes an oatmeal cookie!
I already can’t wait to make this cake again and the oatmeal cookie dough couldn’t be any better! This is a new family favorite in our home and its time to make it a family favorite in yours as well! Enjoy!
Oatmeal Cream Cookies Cake
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups old fashion oats
- 3 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 (8oz) packets plain cream cheese (softened)
- 10-12 cups powdered sugar
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oatmeal Cream Cookies Cake can be doubled and separated into four parts or made twice and separated into two parts. In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended well. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add dry mixture to wet mixture slowly, blending until combined.
- Once blended fold oats into cookie dough. Spray Two nine inch cake pans. Bake for 12-17 minutes or until center is done. When done place cookie pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes. Remove cookie and let continue to cool on rack.
- Make dough again and separate into two parts. Bake one more 9 inch pan. Use the second part to make the cookies to decorate the top of he cake. Drop rounded dough about 2 inches apart onto a sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cream Cheese: In a large bowl beat butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar gradually with a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla
- Layer the oatmeal cakes and cream cheese. Put as many cookies together with cream cheese to decorate the top of the cake. Enjoy Oatmeal Cream Cookies Cake!